"Welcome to my little spot on the worldwide web, documenting the recipes I've tried and sharing my successes and fails. I am a {very, very} beginner cook, so I am mostly interested in quick and easy recipes that are healthy and delicious!"

Thursday, August 8, 2013

{Don't let the cucumber fool you} Fresh Garden Salsa




//This is an EASY and great fresh salsa, using so much of my garden veggies that keep piling up!!!

Ingredients:
4-5 small to medium tomatoes
2-3 medium cucumbers
1 small onion
2 green bell peppers
*optional: 1-2 JalapeƱo pepper
3 Tbl Cilantro
1tsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic
a few squeezes of lime juice

Instructions:
1. Peel the cucumber, and take out all the seeds from veggies {I sliced the cucumber and tomatoes in half, and then using a spoon, scooped out all the seeds}
2. Dice up all the veggies
3. Throw all those diced veggies in a bowl
4. Sprinkle with the remaining ingredients {cilantro, sugar, salt, garlic & lime juice}
5. Give it a nice stir, {I also used my immersion blender to make it a little smoother}, then grab some chips and dig in!

//adapted from SparkRecipes
                                                                                        post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment