"Welcome to my little spot on the worldwide web, documenting the recipes I've tried and sharing my successes and fails. I am a {very, very} beginner cook, so I am mostly interested in quick and easy recipes that are healthy and delicious!"

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

{Quick} Beans, Spinach and Tomatoes over Linguine







Ingredients:
2 tsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
12 oz Whole Grain Linguine
1 tbsp minced Garlic
3-4 tomatoes, diced
1 can White Beans {Great northern, navy; I used Garbonzo beans}
5-10 oz Fresh baby Spinach
1 red bell pepper
6 Tbsp Romano or Parmesan cheese (grated)

Instructions:
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet
2. Start boiling water in a large pot, and begin to cook the linguine
3.Add the garlic to the skillet, and saute for a minute or so
4. Next add the tomatoes, and beans and bring to a simmer
5. Add the spinach, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. And in the last 2 minutes add the bell pepper
6. Spoon the tomato/beans/spinach sauce mixture over linguine and sprinkle with cheese
                                                                                      post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment