"Welcome to my little spot on the worldwide web, documenting the recipes I've tried and sharing my successes and fails. I am a {very, very} beginner cook, so I am mostly interested in quick and easy recipes that are healthy and delicious!"

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Beef and Broccoli with Brown rice





Ingredients:
1 Pound Beef Stew Meat ( or 1 pound beef chuck roast)
1 C Beef Stock
1/2 C soy sauce
1/3 C Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
3 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
2 Tbsp. cooled sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
2-3 C fresh broccoli florets
2 C Brown/ or white Rice

Instructions:
Place beef chunks into crock pot, add the beef stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic. Set the crock pot to cook about 6-8 hours. My crock pot cooks super fast, so it probably took 4 hours on high. But just depends on your crock pot. Once it is all cooked, take out the 2 tbsp. of sauce and mix in a small bowl with the cornstarch. It should start to thicken, if not you can put it on the stove and warm it until it is thicker. Pour the sauce back into the crockpot, and add the broccoli florets. Continue to cook for another 30 minutes. The sauce needs to boil to get thicker, once it has thickened and the broccoli is cooked, it is ready to eat! I also threw on some red bell pepper for some added flavor. Serve with warm rice.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment