"Welcome to my little spot on the worldwide web, documenting the recipes I've tried and sharing my successes and fails. I am a {very, very} beginner cook, so I am mostly interested in quick and easy recipes that are healthy and delicious!"

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Super Easy Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches



This is a great weeknight meal that you can throw into the crock pot and make your house smell nice and yummy!


Ingredients:
1-2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 bottle of your fave BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
1/2 C of Ketchup
1 clove of Garlic, minced
2 Tbl Onion Powder
2 Tbl Dijon Mustard
A few shakes of hot sauce
4-6 Hamburger Buns


Instructions:
1. De-frost your chicken, and place it in the crock pot
2. Pour the BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, and onion powder and garlic over the chicken
3. Set the crock pot on low for 4-6 hours (my crock pot cooks extremely fast, so it took about 2 1/2 hours)
4. Make sure the chicken is cooked through, and shred the chicken with 2 forks, and then cook for another 30 minutes
5. Layer the chicken on the hamburger buns, and voila!

I served it with mashed potatoes, and some baby carrots and apple wedges

                                                                                  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment