"Welcome to my little spot on the worldwide web, documenting the recipes I've tried and sharing my successes and fails. I am a {very, very} beginner cook, so I am mostly interested in quick and easy recipes that are healthy and delicious!"

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mashed Potatoes and Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots


This turned out pretty good!

I bought a 1 pound thin cut pork tenderloin for about 6$. I found a pretty good marinade recipe and tweaked it a little. I marinated my pork for about 9 hours, but next time I make it, I think I will let it marinade overnight, so total about 16 hours until I cook it. I think it will add even more flavor to it!

Here is the marinade recipe:
1/4 Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
3-4 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Ginger
3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 or 3 drops of hot sauce

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients into a ziploc bag and marinate up to 24 hours. Before putting it on the grill, I cut off any excess fat on the edges. We just grilled it on our little George Foreman, it took about 7-8 minutes to grill. We had to flip it once to get the lines to grill on both sides.

And here are my little pork tenderloins marinating... yummy.... !



Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots:
Ingredients:
1/2 of a bag of Baby Carrots
1/2 C brown sugar
4-5 tbsp. butter

Instructions:
Steam the carrots for about 20 minutes. Then sprinkle on brown sugar and place cut up pieces of the butter on top of the carrots. Let steam for about 5 or 6 more minutes until you can poke a fork smoothly into the carrots.


Creamy Mashed Potatoes:
Ingredients:
6-8 Medium sized potatoes
1 Stick of butter (sliced into little pieces)
4 oz Cream Cheese (1/2 of a package)
1/2 C milk
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Onion Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste

Instructions: 
I washed and peeled the potatoes, and then diced them and placed them into a boiling pot of water. Let them boil for about 30 minutes, or until you can easily poke a fork through them. You want to make sure to boil them long enough or you will end up with chunky mashed potatoes. Once they are cooked all the way, pour out the water until drained all the way. Set back on the stove and start to mash the potatoes. I started using a beater. Then put it the butter, beat until smooth. Then add the cream cheese and milk and beat a little more. And then I added the powder and salt and pepper.



 And there it is! A nice, yummy, full meal! We served apple wedges as well. All around I thought it turned out pretty good! 


                                                                                                                 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment