"Welcome to my little spot on the worldwide web, documenting the recipes I've tried and sharing my successes and fails. I am a {very, very} beginner cook, so I am mostly interested in quick and easy recipes that are healthy and delicious!"

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fruit and Spinach (yes, spinach) Smoothie



So, Landon and I love our smoothies. We will have them probably 4 or 5 times a week! We love them especially because they are so versatile and you can put in whatever you want. We will buy fresh fruit and then I will slice some and put them in ziploc bags and freeze them and use them for smoothies.

 




Ingredients:
2 Handfuls of Spinach
handful of strawberries
1 Banana
1 C whole wheat oatmeal
2 C Milk


Instructions:
I always put the spinach into the blender first, I think it's easier to blend that way. And then I throw in anything else and blend until smooth! Super easy, a good way to get your fruit intake, and so yummy!

*We have also used, pineapple, mango, peaches, oranges, blueberries, yogurt, etc. You can add anything you want really. And if we don't have fresh fruit, I will use canned fruit and it is just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment