"Welcome to my little spot on the worldwide web, documenting the recipes I've tried and sharing my successes and fails. I am a {very, very} beginner cook, so I am mostly interested in quick and easy recipes that are healthy and delicious!"

Friday, May 3, 2013

Chicken Fajitas and Spanish Rice


Ingredients:
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tbl. chopped garlic
1 tbl. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 red/yellow or green pepper-sliced
1 diced tomato
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
6-8 flour or corn tortillas
Toppings:
salsa
cilantro
sour cream
Colby jack cheese
diced tomatoes
refried pinto beans

Instructions:
Cut chicken into long, thin slices, and marinate the chicken in the oil, garlic, juice, chili powder and either cumin or paprika. Marinate for a few hours, during the day. Then when when it's time to eat, slice the bell peppers and toss them into a skillet with oil and add some chili powder; sauté for 3-5 minutes. Dice the tomatoes. Next saute the marinated chicken until cooked through. Warm tortillas on a skillet. Serve the chicken on tortillas with any toppings you wish and service with spanish rice.



Spanish Rice:
Ingredients:
2 C Brown Rice (You can also use white rice)
4 C Chicken stock and water ( I did 2 cups stock, 2 cups water)
1/2 C diced tomatoes
1/4 bell pepper
2 tbsp onion ( I just used onion powder )
6 Tbsp. butter
1 tbsp chili powder


Just throw everything into your slow cooker or rice cooker.

Normally brown rice cooks for about 45 minutes to an hour. I started mine a little late and we had to wait awhile for the rice to be ready :/ So I would just set it to cook in the morning, and then it can keep warm until you're ready to eat!

I also served apple wedges.


No comments:

Post a Comment