"Welcome to my little spot on the worldwide web, documenting the recipes I've tried and sharing my successes and fails. I am a {very, very} beginner cook, so I am mostly interested in quick and easy recipes that are healthy and delicious!"

Friday, May 24, 2013

Chewy, {non crumbly} Granola Bars


I have tried so many granola bar recipes, and they always seem to crumble, and not stick together, which is not the best when you are eating them in class, or on the go, and they crumble all over the car :/ So I was ectastic to find this recipe!


Ingredients:
1/2 Cup packed light Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Honey
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) of Butter
3 Cups Low-Fat Granola Mix (I used a medly that had sliver almonds, and dried fruit)
1/2 Cup Golden Raisins
2 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips


Instructions:
1. Combine the brown sugar, honey, vanilla, and butter in a medium sized saucepan
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat; simmer for 2 minutes or until all the sugar is dissolved
3. Combine all the dry ingredients {except Chocolate Chips}, and pour them into the sauce pan with the liquid mixture, stir until well combined.
4. Pour into a 9X9 pan; press chocolate chips on top of the mixture
5. Refrigerate for 2 hours, and then cut into bars


                                                                                         post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment